Saturday 2 March 2013

IDEAS

This is the first project for this second semester. Well, I have no worry for this project as I believe that I can do well. I had been assigned to design a poster that portray the fusion of George Town's built environment such as east & west architectural styles; traditional, colonial & modern buildings; multi-cultural lifestyles etc.

Yes, we have to do a self visit to George Town in our own to take the photos of the built environment exist in George Town.


Yap Kongsi









Chew Jetty




Wisma Kastam








Cheah Kongsi
Its building design has the combination of Malays, Indian and Chinese styles.



Here shows some sketches,



















The final draft for my poster.


After started drawing into the cartridge paper, I have another idea for my draft.
Finally, it comes to this.

I did very detail for this dragon because it shows
the Chinese traditional.




The title of the poster 'THE FUSION GEORGE TOWN'












Truthfully, I just started to colour before the day of submission and it was quite rush for me. I coloured until the next morning at around 6.30am. Many of my friends requested me to teach them using watercolour. To be honest, I was still willing to teach them although I hadn't started my work because I like to share my skills with my friends.
Cheer up, JW. For the following project. I believe I can do even better :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment