Friday 14 December 2012

PROJECT 1 ME, MYSELF & I

This is the first project about designing personal logo and sketching self-portrait. I know I have no problem on this project because I have a good grasp of sketching ability.

At the beginning, I have done some logo drafts for selecting as my personal logo.




1st logo draft




2nd logo draft




3rd logo draft




4th logo draft




The 3rd logo draft has been chosen.

The design of my personal logo without colours



ghg
Personal logo with colours


The special of my logo is my name 'JING' is present in the logo (Find it yourself). The things which present in the logo are black owl's eye and designed buildings with the vegetation. 
  • The black owl’s eye represents my courage to be well-prepared to challenge this new chapter of my life.
  • Flower and vegetation represents the important natural agents to preserve green nature.
  • The designed buildings shows my creativity by having a talent in drawing and the wish to fully utilize it in the field of architecture.

The colours I used in the logo are orange, purple and black.

  • The colour orange is a warm and fresh colour which brings up the meaning of creating while being environmentally friendly.
  • The colour purple is the colour of good judgment for me to create a sustainable environment in the built environment.
  • The colour black is the colour of preparing for unknown challenges.





About sketching self-portrait, I apply all the knowledge of sketching that I know on self-portrait to make it look alike as me. Since I do not have much photos which I feel that it is nice, so take self photo on the spot. >.<

First time self-taking photo


Does he look alike as me?


I have edited my hairs and the pattern smile to make it look nicer.







This is the first time I am using the drawing pen for writing and no experience on how to write uppercase and lowercase letter. Thus, my writing letters like my cursive hand-writing. Nevermind, I will practise more when I'm free to write nice uppercase and lowercase letter in future. 

Prepare to challenge the next project :-)



For more info about integrated studio 2012/2013, kindly visit http://www.hbp.usm.my/rus1042012/main.html



2 comments: