Monday 17 December 2012

PROJECT 9 INTEGRATED PROJECT

This is also part of group project. After have been gone for a site visit in Batu Ferringhi, now we're going to propose a site for building 'INFORMATION CENTRE'.


Proposed Site: Site 3
Task: Propose a design of information centre

Project duration: 3 weeks



PROJECT 9A: DESIGN PROPOSAL


Board 1: SITE ANALYSIS












Site Plan



Similarly, as what we did previously, we analyse the sun path, prevailing wind, topography, vegetation, road & soil condition, circulation and etc. The site plan shows the existing condition.

Board 2: SCHEMATIC DESIGN
(Conceptual design, Bubble diagram, Roof plan with landscape and  Exteriors)


The design concept is from the shape and character of a whistle. Thus, our designed information centre has the shape of whistle and the hole of a whistle has been transformed into the skylight of the building.













Roof plan and Landscapes
























Board 3: DESIGN PROPOSAL
(Blueprint, Floor Plan, Interior Section Drawing & Interiors)


Before that, Dr.Mazran has asked me why I do not use watercolours instead of colour pencils. I really did not know how to answer him and just told him I will try for the next project. And now, I have tried and perhaps I did well also. :-)




(Zoom in)














Board 4: Materials Selection & Building Services



PROJECT 9B: DEVELOPMENT PROPOSAL

This is a report.


The cover page of report



PROJECT 9C: CONCEPTUAL MODEL




We are using model boards and plastic cover sheets to form the model of information centre.
































This is the toughest project which I feel the most compared to the previous projects, but it trains myself to be stronger to challenge the next projects in future. As what I know, it is not easy to study architecture (p/s: what I heard from the seniors) so I have to be passionate. I promise myself I will not stop chasing my dream.

Feel happy because this is the last drawing project.


Photo with Dr. Md Azree before the day of submission. Thank you, Dr. because came to us in late night with cakes
(Front left to right: Firdaus, Sai An, Jing Wei, Shim)
(Behind left to right: Azra, Saufiah, Mimi, Dr. Md Azree, Irene, Wallace, Hasan, Huna)



For more info about integrated studio Session 2012/2013, kindly visit http://www.hbp.usm.my/rus1042012/main.html



No comments:

Post a Comment