Sunday 16 December 2012

PROJECT 6 PROJECT DEVELOPMENT

As an architect, what are the roles and responsibilities should be played in the building construction industry based on Royal Institute of British Architect (RIBA)?

Task: Prepare a mind mapping from inception stage to occupation stage based on RIBA plan of work 2007.

Firstly, I have to understand the process and roles in the project development stage. In my design, I use the concept of 'PUZZLE' to develop my mind mapping.

As there are 5 stages, I decide to colour with ORANGE(1st stage), GREEN
(2nd stage), BLUE(3rd stage), PINK(4th stage) and PURPLE(5th stage).


Instead of using one colour, I also mix the colours (monochrome).


Drawing BROWN sticks to connect the puzzles and using drawing pen to write the words.


I like the colouring style of this middle part.






I thought the job of an architect is designing the buildings only. However, through this project, truthfully, I understand the roles and responsibilities of an architect in construction industry. Apart from designing building, architect is also the one always communicate with clients to know the client's needs, have discussion with engineers, appoint the contractors with quantity surveyor in tender process, familiarise with the construction progress and etc. 

It cannot be denied that architects play their important roles from the beginning stage until the end of stage. Indeed, the relation with clients, contractors, engineers, quantity surveyors and other players should be well-maintained to ensure that the process can run smoothly in the construction industry.


For more info about integrated studio Session 2012/2013, kindly visit http://www.hbp.usm.my/rus1042012/main.html


No comments:

Post a Comment